Richard’s practice focuses on oil and gas conservation law at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Richard Books has practiced law in the fields of oil and gas and energy law for thirty years. His practice centers around administrative law and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. His clients include major oil and gas companies, large independent oil and gas producers, small exploration and development companies, and individual royalty owners. He is a past president of the Oklahoma City Mineral Lawyers Society, and has been a frequent faculty member for oil and gas seminars in Oklahoma, Texas and Colorado. Richard has been ranked as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers for thirteen consecutive years.
1977 – J.D., University of Oklahoma College of Law
Oklahoma Law Review
Order of the Coif
1974 – B.A. in Political Science, Phillips University
- 1977- Oklahoma Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- American Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Mineral Lawyers Society of Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma City Association of Petroleum Landmen